Dear Penn State Student:
The Penn State Alumni – Puget Sound Chapter is proud to announce an Alumni Chapter funded scholarship upwards of $2,000 available to a current (or entering) student from the Puget Sound area!
The scholarship money may be used to attend any of Penn State’s campuses; any major or degree program; and is intended for both part-time and full-time students. Award funds may be divided between semesters per The University’s Policies.
To receive an award, a student must:
1. Be a current (or entering) student at Penn State University and be in “good standing.”
2. Be studying at the undergraduate, graduate, or world campus levels.
3. Have family who currently reside in the Puget Sound area OR have graduated from a high school in the Puget Sound area, in which the participating alumni chapter’s membership is based.
4. Complete a brief application (demographics, personal statements, optional letter of recommendation.)
5. Demonstrate both scholastic ability and character that shows a record of performance in activities both in school and in the community.
6. Impress the Scholarship Committee with a sound interest and positive attitude toward college and future career work.
Please see the attached application document and return to PennStateSeattle@gmail.com by June 30th, 2019 to be considered for this award.
E-mail subject line: ATTN: Scholarship Chairperson
–Alex Hamling ’01